Please fill out the form on this page. The shipping fee you pay at check out will be for me to ship it back to you.
Once you’ve filled out the form, please send your necklace back to our PO Box.
Mint & Birch
PO Box 61672 BROOKSWOOD
LANGLEY, BC V3A8C8
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
I travel once a week to my PO Box to retrieve packages. Once your package is received, I will prepare your necklace for cleaning, polishing and service it. Please note, my husband and I take turns working and parenting. As soon as it is my turn to work, I will sit down at my studio during the time that I have set for myself to work and be in the studio. I advise that you send your necklace with tracking. Please note that I will reach out to you with a shipping confirmation, or more information if needed. You do not need to contact me to confirm I received your package: I promise to reach out when your necklace is ready to go. If you have questions, please feel free to contact me. Otherwise, I am generally unable to give you a specific ship date because our schedules are constantly rotating due to shift work. However, as soon as I receive your package, it is put to the front of my desk so that it is the first thing I do when I get into my studio.
✔ Please print out the receipt you receive via email after you fill out this form and check out and include it in your package. I will not know what to do with your necklace unless you include the receipt with the order number.
✔ Please ensure that your necklace is clean and free of scents, perfumes or oils. Rinse under water and pat dry if needed.
✔ Please send the entire necklace: the chain, the pendant, the clasp etc. This ensures I can put your piece back together properly. For drop pendant necklaces, or anything that hangs off a chain as opposed to being attached itself, you can choose to either just send the chain for me to adjust/service. I understand some may wish to either do this themselves or not send the pendant. However, it is highly recommended to send everything.
✔ Please package securely so it doesn't fall out of your packaging.
✔ You will be responsible for sending it to our PO Box. It cannot be dropped off as it is a postal box. You can take it to your local post office. It is highly recommended to ship with tracking and/or insurance so that you can track when it arrives at our mailing box. I cannot be held responsible if your necklace gets lost on the way to me.
Please note that the turnaround time for chain service does not start the day it is delivered or request is placed. I need to retrieve it from the PO Box.
I choose to offer this service because I want to make sure your pieces are properly adjusted or repaired! I have seen several necklaces damaged from botched repairs.
I (Jessica) work alone and do not have any employees and each piece is adjusted or repaired by me personally! Please note that it is not a *fast* service, but an individualized service. I choose to offer this service as I want to make sure your necklaces are done properly. I will email you when your repair is on the way to you.
* If you are OUTSIDE of Canada, please read the information here for customs info!
If you are outside of Canada, Please read the information below.
- Please take it to your local post office, NOT a courier such as FedEX.
- On the customs form, it must state “Canadian goods returning for warranty or service.” PLEASE make sure the postal office clerk electronically enters this information into the system. Please ensure that you mark it correctly. If it looks like it is something we purchased from you, we will be charged incorrectly for duties and taxes in which case we will not be able to accept the package and may mark it as "return to sender." USPS is to enter the information in, with the correct tariff number electronically, so that when customs receives it they know the exception code.
- The correct value is the cost of what you paid to have it repaired/serviced. Do NOT enter the original value of the necklace, as that original transaction had already been processed. PLEASE ENTER THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR TO HAVE IT SERVICED. This is incredibly important as duties in Canada have a low threshold. When the inspecting officer sees a high number, they may overlook the tariff code and the other information to show that it is an item that is returning to Canada for repair, and therefore should not be taxed duties. The correct value for the item is the cost of the repair, as that is what has been paid for it to return to Canada.
- Samples of the handwritten form for customs is below. Please also ensure that this information is entered correctly with the post office clerk. (Please double check and confirm that they have entered the tariff number as well as that it is Canadian goods returning for warranty or service, and not under the jewelry category).
- Please ensure that no where on the package does it simply say only “necklace.” It is very important to note that it is Canadian goods returning for warranty or service.
- Please include a copy of the receipt of the service on the outside of the package. You can use a plastic sleeve such as a ziplock bag or one the post office provides to include this. Please ensure that the return address on your package matches the addresses on the receipts. This is so I can match your necklace with your service. If it is sent under a different name or address, I won’t be able to know who’s necklace it is and will not be able to confirm receipt of the necklace to fix or adjust.
The correct value is the cost of what you paid to have it repaired/serviced. Do NOT enter the original value of the necklace, as that original transaction had already been processed. PLEASE ENTER THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR TO HAVE IT SERVICED. This is incredibly important as duties in Canada have a low threshold. When the inspecting officer sees a high number, they may overlook the tariff code and the other information to show that it is an item that is returning to Canada for repair, and therefore should not be taxed duties. The correct value for the item is the cost of the repair, as that is what has been paid for it to return to Canada.
By requesting a chain service, you fully recognize that we may not accept the package in the case that anything is filled out incorrectly and we are incorrectly charged duties. You fully accept that the post office may accidentally flag it for duties or customs, in which case we will not be able to accept it and it will be sent back. To avoid this, please ensure you follow all of our instructions, including a proper tariff code, and the correct package value.
SAMPLES OF CUSTOMS FORMS BELOW- PLEASE FILL ALL THE INFORMATION OUT ACCURATELY. PLEASE INCLUDE THE APPLICABLE TARRIF CODE TO INDICATE AND CATEGORIZE IT AS A RETURN. Must specify the tariff code as well as "CANADIAN GOODS RETURNING FOR WARRANTY SERVICE." This information cannot simply be written on the envelope. IT MUST BE SPECIFIED under the space that asks for the content of the package, as well as electronically entered by the postal clerk.